$12.99 – $49.99
Rose Red Metal flake available in 3 Sizes, Micro .004″, Mini .008″ , and Bass Boat .015″ 400 degree temperature threshold. Available in 4 oz. Jars or 1 lb. Bags.
These Metallic Paint Flake work with any base clear, blender or binder for a fantastic paint job!
Our Rose Red Metal Flake additives are very versatile and can be used in so many applications.
- Great for Airbrush, HVLP Guns, Brush on Applications, Powder Coating equipment, Dip Sprayers, Concrete Sealing, Leather wipe-on coatings, and Plastic Manufacturing.
- Micro Flake are .004″ in size, and are the easiest to spray with no knockdown and easy to cover. They go around door edges and hood edges seamlessly. High impact without the work.
- Mini Flake (.008″) are for people looking for more flash, and willing to work a bit harder.
- Bass Boat Flake (.015″) are for those who just plain want to get that 70’s big flake look and are willing to work for it.
- Flake have a temperature tolerance of 400 degrees, making them fine under heat lamps and in Powder Coating Booths.
- A little bit goes a long way. When you use about a tablespoon per quart, “One Jar Does a Car.”
- Solvent resistant. Used in Automotive Paint, Nail Polish, Dip, Epoxy Concrete Sealer, Water-Based Coatings, Powder-Coatings, Fiberglass, and even Elmer’s Glue ®.
We now offer all sizes of Flake in many of our popular colors. We personally like the small Flake, because of the ease of use, but there are a lot of people out there who want larger metal Flake, so we are giving them to you.
Creating a great Rose Red metal flake paint job is super simple with our Flake. Just choose your base coat (black is good if you want the paint to take on the color of the Flake), and add a heaping tablespoon of our flake to any clear coat (although we recommend a base clear for mixing the flake into, like PPG’s DBC-500, or HOK’s inter coat clear).
Keep in mind, that even though they are called “Rose Red metal flake”additives, most of our Flake are made from special solvent-resistant polyesters that can withstand the chemicals in the clear coat. See our tips pages for more information, our download our instructional PDF. Remember, unlike some Flake that people dust onto wet clear-coat dry and spend about 400 bucks for 20 jars of flake to paint a single auto, our system is much more efficient. As we say around here, “One jar paints a car.” Visit our FAQ page for more answers to your questions, or contact us, we are always ready to answer questions.
Not only are all of our metal Flake completely compatible with vehicle dip, we were the first to supply the dip companies with pigments. If you have any reservations about whether our products work in vehicle dip, you should know that we were the pioneers who introduced Plasti Dip Pearls to the world.
We at Pearls and Pigment appreciate all of our customers who take the time to send us pictures and feedback on all of our products. Our Candy Color Pearls, Metallic Paint Flake, True Chameleon pigments, Thermochromics, Glow In The Darks and all other paint pigments are truly custom paints and can be used in almost any application. There are so many options with our products! Photos, Videos and testimonials are a great way to show off the capabilities of our additives. If you find the opportunity, send us some great pics and a small testimonial about what you did with our products and we will send you a gift card for the website. We love to show off the work that our wonderful customers are doing. Contact us and send us your work!
Shop with us…the leader in paint and Pearl Pigments Since 2005
|Dimensions||2 × 2 × 2 in|
.004" Micro, .008" Mini, .015" Bass Boat
|Amount of Flake||
4 oz. Jar, 1 Lb. Bag (6 jar value)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.